Nexxia Shop >Car Audio >Car Audio Technical >Ipod Interfaces >
General install information for Connects2 CTA Ipod Adaptors.
These connects 2 ipod interface adaptors are compatible with all third generation ipods. Cradles are also available for the ipod, ipod Nano, and shortly the ipod video.
These interfaces allow the ipod to be connected to the head unit of your vehicle if fitted with one of the head units listed against the ipod adaptor. It will charge the ipod as well, and allow control of the ipod through the existing radio controls such as track selection and display information on most units from the ipod. All units come with clear installation instructions which may differ from those generic instructions written below.
These interfaces are not compatible with PC7-POD-L or PC7-POD-20 cradles, please use the ipodcradle product and nanocradle products.
The kit should include:-
ipod connector lead
ipod control module
Head unit CD changer to module lead.
1) Remove the head unit.
2) Install the head unit CD Changer adaptor lead into the Head unit connections.
3) Connect the head unit adaptor lead to the ipod interface module.
4) Connect the ipod lead to the ipod interface module.
5) Decide where you want to route the ipod lead such that ipod can be connected in the car.
6) Carefully re-install the head unit back into the vehicle.
7) You should now be able to test the system, using selection on the head unit to pick up the audio input.
When testing the system, switch the head unit on and verify that the CD source can be selected using the source key, and the auxiliary audio can be heard. Connect the ipod and check that it charges when head unit ignition is on. During normal use the volume is adjusted on the head unit.
If fitting Cradle
Follow steps 1 to 7, but at steps 4 and 5, you would connect the ipod cradle instead and route cable suitably to the mounting point of the ipod cradle. You may require a Smart clip or for this, or mounting extension plate.
If you can not hear audio through your car system when the ipod is connected, check these following points.
1) on some car audio systems it is important to connect the silver interface box to the radio, before the radio is plugged back into the main wiring loom and therefore receiving power. This will ensure the head unit recognises the device is attached.
2) on some ipod adaptors, a seperate black wire is supplied, this must be connected to earth before the main wiring loom is plugged in. If you haven't done this, disconnect everything, connect black wire to earth, the silver box to head unit then reconnect to main wiring loom.
3) If after all this you are still scratching your head wondering why it doesn't work, it may be the ipod is not giving audio through the main docking connector. Try resetting the ipod, information on this can be found at this page below.
4) If using one of the latest Citroen or Peugeot ipod adaptors for RD4 radio, and there is no display to show what track you are on, follow this procedure below known as a warm start.
Disconnect the iPod from the adaptor lead, remove the black 14 pin connector from the adaptor box (but do not disconnect from radio). Turn on ignition, wait a few seconds, turn off ignition, reconnect 14 pin connector (within about 30 seconds). Car's display should display something similar to "Diagnostic session in progress". Once the display turns off (or blanks), switch on ignition, turn on radio, connect iPod.
If you are still have problems, let us know to ensure the head unit is compatible, or to arrange an exchange unit.
For more information, please e-mail Technical@nexxia.co.uk